Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Shaving or Cutting Onions? Hmmm...

I HATE shaving.  I HATE it.  I hate IT.  I HATE IT!

Therefore, I don't do it often.  I know, I know - the less often I do it, the more it hurts and the harder it is on my sensitive skin - yada yada yada...

But, I would rather go through agony only once per week (typically Sunday morning) than go through this idiotic ritual everyday.

SO!  I am a man who looks at problems and eagerly tries to find the best solution (for me - not necessarily for anyone else).  This past Christmas, I added a Norelco razor to my Christmas list.  My fabulous in-laws got me one of these:


It is such a great razor.  Here are the things that make it great:
  1. My previous Norelco assumed that I was shaving once per day.  It had nothing on it to take care of the longer whiskers.  The new razor has bigger holes to cut the long ones down a bit before the smaller blades come in and take care of the stubble.
  2. On Christmas Day (December 25th for you heathens), I gave my razor a full charge.  I haven't charged it since then.  I can't think of anything I own that I haven't had to recharge for an entire month!
  3. It is SO fast!  My previous Norelco was nice, but it assumed I had a square face.  So, I had to do each area individually (cheeks, then lip, then chin, then neck section 1, neck section 2, neck section 3, then that funny bit between the neck and cheek.)  For this reason I switched to a Gillette Mach 3.  I got a closer shave (sometimes too close) and I could shave less often.  My NEW razor bends inward and outward to get everything.  I can get my cheek, chin, and neck in a single pass.  This probably adds to the battery efficiency since I don't have to have it turned on as long as my previous razor...
I love this thing.  Kristine loves that I am not scratchy which leads to more kissing.  And we all know what that leads to...

No comments: